In two recent blog-posts (Hyperactivity in pre-school children) and (E-readers ‘damage sleep and health,’ doctors warn), I have written about the importance of bedtime routines and reading to children.
This page is an attempt to support parents in reading to their children every day by sharing what other parents are reading as suggestions for you to copy.
Please let us know what you read with your children today and I’ll add it to the list.
Here’s my own for today to start off:
- 5-year old daughter – I read “The Pirates Next Door” by Jonny Duddle – and she loved it!
- 8-year old son – I am reading “The Hobbit” by J R R Tolkien – he is loving this!
On 5th Jan 2015:
- 5-year old daughter – I read “The Rescue Party” by Nick Butterworth – which my 8-year old son heard the end of and:
- 8-year old son – asked for “The Rescue Party” by Nick Butterworth – and loved it! (Followed by another couple of pages from The Hobbit!)
On 6th Jan 2015
- 5-year old daughter – I read “Little Ghost Wicky” by Yokococo
- 8-year old son – asked for “Mr Perfect” by Roger Hargreaves (while he was in the bath!) followed by the Hobbit when he was in bed